I don't know how he does it, but my eight-month-old knows the difference between the real computer keyboard and our old fake one (which, might I add, is strategically placed CLOSER to him than the real one as I sit here and type), and he insists on reac hing as far over the old fake ke yboar d as his stubby body will allow to repeatedly hit the spacebar on the real keyboard (as you can see by my creative ly spaced sentence). How, HOW at this age does he know just how to push my buttons? Literally AND figu rat ively?
Boy, that's embarrassing. I just found myself trying to type on the fake keyboard. You can imagine my confusion when it didn't work. What? I just typed a whole paragraph and now the thing is busted?! Stupid computers!! Oh...duh. There, now I've moved the boy and the fake keyboard to the floor. I've got a good three minutes to come up with something interesting to say.
Hmm. Maybe I should have dusted that keyboard before I let the boy have his way with it...
Three minutes have passed. Still nothing.
Probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to remove the cables from it either, though he most likely won't strangle himself with me right here...
I've been sitting here another seven minutes. The well is bone-dry.
...and unless he can figure out how to reconnect the cord and then gum through it, I'm thinking that he can't electrocute himself...right?
This post may be turning into a colossal waste of time. A sinful waste of time, even. Shouldn't we be reading scripture stories or baking bread or something?
Flop, there he goes. Lunging for a shoe one minute, on his face whining the next. It's a tough life. Come here, little guy...
Well that's it. I got nothin'. I'm serious, don't even bother reading this last sentence, because it won't tell you anything.
11 comments:
I reckon he's about 2 weeks from learning which buttons cause the most grief (the 'window' button is Seth's perennial favorite), and then hitting those repeatedly. Then he'll learn the mouse buttons can also sometimes make you mad, and you'll have the specter of a two-front war. A couple of years later, at least they're willing to reason with you (sometimes). Stay the course.
he's not likely to chew through the cord and if he does,.. it won't hurt him. Unless it's actually plugged into something that's connected to the outlet. However you have a good point with the strangling thought,.. probably should remove the cord,.. plus it gets in the way.
I bet he reaches for your spacebar because he doesn't just want to be like you,.. he wants to do what you're doing,... so if you're not typing on the fake keyboard,.. why should he?
On the contrary, I found that very entertaining Brittany. You're so awesome and I love you! And Truman (though I've never met him).
It was entertaining and you are awesome. Kirsten is right about all of that.
It is a mystery how they know the difference between real and toy keyboards, phones, etc., isn't it?
It must just be the reactions they get from playing with the real one.
Nature, or nurture?
Emma was obsessed with credit/debit cards at like just over a year old. She totally knew how to use them at target. But try to give her cash and she was like, "yawn."
All it tells me is that I miss your face.
This is one of my favorite posts yet. It is a true mirror into your life and thoughts. What a good mom - I could tell you were thinking a whole lot more about Truman than about us, your faithful readers. ;)
Keep blogging, even if its about nothing.
Post a Comment