A funeral attended
Two relatives moved
Book club hosted
Relief Society taught...twice
Slideshow finished
Birthday lunch date enjoyed
Birthday party thrown
Interstate road trip taken
Such are a few of the things that have occurred in the two weeks since I last posted, which is part of why I feel justified in not having written anything in a while. May not look like much, but for some reason the last couple of weeks have almost done me in.
The guilt was finally getting to me, and when I mentioned to my sister that I needed to jot off a post to stave off said guilt, she insightfully replied, "Well, there you have it. I'm never going to start a blog because I don't need one more thing to feel guilty about." She may have a point...
But while I'm here: I've decided traveling is not relaxing to me. I mean, if I was headed to Hawaii with my husband on an all-expense paid vacation, MAYBE I would feel relaxed. As it is, I got three hours of sleep the night before our trip because I was up packing everything from diaper cream to biohazard suits into our luggage. And you know what I forgot? My toothbrush.
Not relaxing.
12 comments:
Oooh, this is a good one. Was that Ang? I can totally hear her saying that.
At least a toothbrush is cheaper to replace than a biohazard suit... Have fun on vacation!
We should meet up in CO sometime. I'll bring the toothbrush, you bring the biohazard suit.
I feel the same way about traveling, Brittany.
we are always up all night packing and doing all those last minute things. its such a pain!
Sounds nightmarish, Brittany. I hope things calm down for you a little. Maybe you just need some time with the wii.
What a trooper. Hope you had/are having? fun in Colorado!
hahahaha oh the joys of motherhood. you need a vacation without the babe and hubby. well, maybe i do, so thank you , i will take one in august! it is no fun packing so much stuff just to stay on the safe side. glad you are back and still in one piece.
I feel similar about recent travels, it is a vacation for everyone but the mom. :)
Why on earth would you feel guilty about not blogging?! ha ha ha. View it as a pleasure, not a task!
You are great!
ps I've love to take that baby of yours for a couple of hours, day or evening if you'd like a break or a date! Glad you survived!
You're hillarious! I felt the same as your sister...Ironically enough I felt a tad bit more guilt from all of the people telling me to blog and putting it off and off and off. I caved...Send me an email if you'd like and I'll invite you to our blog.
In the last two weeks I have seen you TWICE from afar and still haven't had a chance to talk to you. I am annoyed by this, but know that I really wanted to talk to you, okay? And that you look awesome, and your little boy is delicious.
I'm sorry that home couldn't be relaxing for you.
Post a Comment