I was flipping through the channels this morning while I was nursing the baby and landed on the TV show "The View." This hour-long show is hosted by women, supposedly for women.
Topic of discussion: toilets.
I guess Whoopi Goldberg has this amazing Japanese-inspired toilet that sprays streams of warm water and finishes off with a hot air dryer. She has several in her house and will 'hold it' until she can get home, just to be able to use her special toilets. I changed the channel.
A little later, I spent an hour on the phone with my older sister, who announced yesterday that she is expecting her sixth baby. We talked about being sick and tired, how she'll manage all the kids and a newborn with an impending move, how to survive on a schoolteacher's budget...how she knows this move is the right thing because of answers to prayers, how she knows she'll be blessed for having another baby because she has been five times before, and how inspired we were at general conference by the talk on motherhood.
It was an hour that left me inspired and encouraged by one woman's view of the road from a little further along - and not once did we talk about her toilet.
11 comments:
Let's hear it for trail blazers. Thanks, Jon for working my life out for me before I get there.
Don't mention it, Mike. How's your toilet running?
Brittany, you need to learn to multi-task. Forget Whoopi's toilet, what if there was something really interesting on the show, like Whoopi's cushion? Then you could get advice and some fun. Life is usually better with more Whoopi Cushions. Am I right?
Don't they have those toilet seats in Chile?
Brittany, It's Amanda Whitmill..well not anymore, but you know. Anyway, I saw your name on Jasons blog and assumed it was you! Hope you don't mind, I clicked over to check it out. I heard about (and saw) your new bundle of joy, VERY cute! Congrats! What are you up to these days?
P.S. Our Blog is
www.everydayearl.blogspot.com
You know, if you wanna be blogging buddies... = )
on the topic of toilets, did anybody hear about that giant house shaped like a toilet(from an aerial view). It was built by the World Toilet Association. The cost to rent it for a night? $50,000!
Yeah, kind of. Not quite that high tech though, Matt.
Leaving the subject of toy-toys, I think Brittany was mostly trying to say, why in the world did some women think that was the worse talk since President Benson said: Mother come home, a classic talk from back in the 80s? Why was a the best talk to some and the worst talk to others?!
I have heard the view of The View is not all that great anyhow. The view of your sister sounds more like it.
Cory just got back from a business trip in China and they had those kinds of toilets! Seriously, he's there for a week and comes back with pictures that ZOOMED IN on his potty remote control because he thought it was so amusing...and warm, apparently.
Great blog, Brittany. I honestly feel inspired after talking to you, thanks for your insights over the past couple of years!
I would take your view over bab walters any day.
Post a Comment