Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cub Scout Gems, Volume 2

Not the most amazing night for memorable Cub Scout moments, but we did have one semi-interesting (disturbing?) conversation:

Vaueli (my assistant den leader): "We're going to talk about wildlife conservation tonight. What is wildlife? Anyone? Yes, Mitch."
Mitch: "Well, it's like.....life.....you know, that's wild. Wildlife. Life that's wild." ['Friends are good...to have.']
V: "Rrrrrright. Um, has anyone ever been to Yellowstone?"
Cory: "What's Yellowstone? Is it like Cabela's? I've been to Cabela's!" [Cabela's: the antithesis of Yellowstone.]
V: "Uh, no, it's a national park where..."
Jake: "There are buffalo clogging up the roads everywhere!"
C: "Oh yeah, and they have a place there where you can hold baby bears."
V: "I don't think you...hey, I thought you had never been to Yellowstone."
J: "Cory, that's not at Yellowstone! That's at the gunshow! It's near Yellowstone, not at Yellowstone."
C: "Oh yeah."

Did I mention that Jake is going hunting this weekend?

8 comments:

Matt said...

This has nothing to do with the scout thing - but I just noticed that my wife chose to put a the main graphic of her blog a picture of her with an emu rather than with me. What does that say about my features? Or personality for the matter?

Kirsty said...

That IS awful.

talitha said...

Why do I come back here like, 5 times a day, even when I know that you've already posted and chances are that you won't be back??

I guess I'm missing you.

Brittany said...

Honey, I didn't know if you'd want to be associated with the kinds of things that might find their way onto my blog - links to Cabela's, for example.

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANY EMU.

AnneMarie said...

I love the boy scouts.

Jill said...

I expect more laughs from the den...soon. Love you, Brittany-- and kiss that adorable baby for me!

Becca said...

I think I know who "Cory" is - ah, to reminisce . . .

Alisa said...

Hey, cabellas is as close as I have gotten.