As expected, it's taken about a week - but that boy loves his Elmo sippies just as much as he ever did his bottle. In fact, we tended a little girl last night who came over with a bottle of chocolate milk, and I thought we were done for: Truman's eyes got big and he pointed insistently for a moment. After I got him a cup of chocolate milk himself though, he was content. Even while the little girl screamed and screamed for her parents...
By the way, many thanks to Adrienne for letting us have a straw sippy that was the only thing Truman would even take a second look at during those first few days.
In other news, is anyone else revelling in the glory of spring the way that I am today? The grass is suddenly green, mean March snow has turned to April showers, daffodils are standing proud and sunny in front yards all around the neighborhood, and the tree outside my front window is just beginning to flower. I can't get enough. Can't think of anything particular to blog about either, but I am grateful to feel, in general, good about life. Maybe it's because Greek Easter is this Sunday, and there's nothing like roasting a lamb on a spit in the yard with a bunch of drunk Greeks to make a girl feel like grinning. Happy Spring!
12 comments:
I'll take April rain over March snow ANY DAY. A few days ago, I was out walking with Aaron, and I was literally thinking, "I love this, I love this, I love this; I'm so happy. Could life get anything better? It's so beautiful! I'm so happy! It feels so good! I'm so happy. I love it." I think I've gone crazy with spring fever.
better spring fever than cabin fever. Glad Truman has seen the light.
that was Anne. Nate doesn't even read my blog.
I would ask for warmer rain, though.
aaahhh i get to see you on sunday! that makes me so happy. i mean, i was excited about getting to go to greek easter but i totally forgot you'd be there and now i'm MAJORLY excited. you're my fave.
i love spring. it goes so fast though! we must enjoy the 6o's and 70's before the 90's sneak up on us ever so quickly:)
And that IS something to blog about :)
I think daffodils are my very favorite herald of spring. They just seem so HAPPY, just the way everyone should be about spring!
I hope you have a fabulous Greek Easter! Sometimes I like to picture your life--or parts of it anyway--as crazy scenes from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I hope you don't mind.
Oh I'm glad I could help! Marcus never used that sippy anyways!
I still have a hard time saying sippy in front of Jacob, for fear that he will suddenly regress and I will have to deal with the 2 AM tantrums all over again! So glad we are over the hump!
I'm glad things are looking up!
That mean March snow is back! Ugh. And it's Spring Break too. No fun.
Woo for sippies, spring, and greeks!
Post a Comment