Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Questions I Want to Ask the Universe

  • Exactly how often should I be clipping my baby's toenails?
  • Does hot chocolate count as dessert?
  • Why has my right ankle been slightly swollen, weak, and achy since 2003?
  • After watching the Today show this morning: When did this become a Huckabee-McCain race?
  • How much would a wintertime trip to Greece cost?
  • Where is my favorite black cardigan?
  • Truman squirms and squirms when he's on my lap (like right now) as though he wants to get down - where is he going to go?
  • When is the weather going to warm up enough that I can once again feel my nose?
  • Are there any good 'manly' gifts for Valentine's Day?
  • If a package arrives from an online photography vendor, and it's covered with tape that says "Ann Taylor" (as in the posh clothing store for women), should you be worried?
  • Why does the bullet look like a bullet in the preview, but a flower when I actually publish the post?

And the eternal, ever-plaguing question:

  • What am I going to make for dinner tonight?

The world may never know...

15 comments:

Matt said...

#9 - pizza

Markemilius said...

42

Amy said...

If you find any manly gifts for Valentine's Day, let me know.

Kirsty said...

once a week.

never.

because you hurt it.

since... two or three days ago.

a lot.

I stole it (hope you don't mind).

the refrigerator.

hmm... maybe late Feb. or early March.

nope.

yes.

Flora, Fauna and Meriwether.(refer to the later scenes in Sleeping Beauty: arrows turn to flowers, rocks turn to bubbles and boiling oil turns into a rainbow.)

maybe some flowered hot chocolate with cold, greek, baby food. add some tape that says Anne Taylor for decoration.

Kirsty said...

as you can see, the world may never know, but I sure do.

[Morgan] said...

Amen on number 4. Am as confused as you are.
If you find any manly gifts, pass the idea my way, please.

Jill said...

That question about dinner, that is the one that keeps coming up. So why don't we all give five to seven ideas for dinner and that will help us all out?! 1-taco soup, salad and our favorite desert that doesn't count, just like hot chocolate: granola mixed with berry yogurt 2-lettuce wraps and stir fried rice (the recipe calls for the following chinese sauces; hoisin, oyster, soy. Call me for the recipe when you find these sauces, they may be at the closest oriental market) 3-lasagna and bread sitcks (throw in grated carrot and no one will know they are getting vitamins) 4-green chile enchiladas (enjoy, because you can't get green chiles in Chile!!! go figure!) salad and fruit (buy Chilean grapes, available at your local store today but very expensive, so don't buy a lot of them.) 5-navajo tacos, to make sure all american ethnic groups get attention! I'm using too much space. Bon apotite!

Sonja said...

Mom, those sound like the 5 meals we ate on a rotating basis growing up, except you are missing the chicken divan idea. Mine are a little more simple:

omlet and rice

macaroni and cheese and broccoli

grilled cheese and tomato soup

bean burrito


Brittany, as a side note--I read this cookbook with ideas about cooking well for your family. One idea she had was to pick a different theme for different days of the week and stick to them. For example, Monday is Italian night and we have any variation from spaghetti to lasagne, depending on how much time I have. Then you don't have to think about it. I'm not super strict about it, but if I'm ever stuck, I just think back to what day of the week it is and try to come up with something along those lines.

Dawn said...

here's mine, "what did I do to the snow gods to anger them and make them treat me with such hatred?!" Here are my dinner ideas

Waffles
Sour Cream Soup (in cookin cousins)
Hawaiian Haystacks
Tin Foil Dinners in a pan
and the ever available Papa Murphy's Pizza

Angie said...

Great guy gift for Valentine's Day: tools. Big or little. Some less expensive ideas are a hammer or a stud finder. Guys love to have tools.

Life with the Warrens said...

hopefully tonite of tomorrow night i am will be cooking mussells in a pomodoro sauce. if it is good then maybe you try??? only if you like seafood though.

Hillary said...

Hey! Guess what? I tagged you. So now you get to write about some of your quirks. (Sorry I know you did this recently, but I don't have many readers yet)

Vern said...

That little trip to Greece in the winter sounds pretty manly!

AnneMarie said...

White sauce and chicken pasta
Ham fried rice
homemade pizza and breadsticks
baked potato bar
stroganoff on egg noodles with veggies.

Kimberlee said...

I am so coming back to this entry when I don't know what to make for dinner...so basically EVERYDAY!! My recipes that I rotate basically every week have been shared, but an ever favorite that you can always throw in the crockpot is Italian chicken...mmm!